The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) measures the ability of non-native speakers of English to use and understand American English as it is spoken, written and heard in college and university settings. Most people who take the TOEFL test are planning to study at colleges and universities where instruction is in English. In addition, many government agencies, licensing/certification agencies, as well as scholarship and exchange programs use TOEFL scores to evaluate English proficiency.
The 4-hour TOEFL internet-based test (IBT) has four sections: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing. These four sections are equally weighted and the total score is 120. The emphasis is on integrated skills and the TOEFL iBT is arguably a better gauge of the students’ proficiency to communicate ideas in English.
TOEFL preparation is a must! To score well on the test, knowing the structure, instructions and mindset of the test makers is imperative! We aim to impart these strategies through our proven and rigorous programs.
- TOEFL is conducted and managed by ETS (Education Testing Service),a reputed institution for English language testing.
- TOEFL is accepted by over 6000 institutions all over the world which makes a TOEFL a good option for study abroad.
- TOEFL tests can be completed within one day.
- The TOEFL test scores are available after 15 working days and feedback is given to students to improve their English language skills
- 9 out of 10 institutions prefer TOEFL scores for admissions abroad.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
TOEFL has 4 sections, which are Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing.
- In the reading section, The student is asked to read 3 or 4 passages from academic tests and questions are asked relating to the passage.
- Atleast 40 to 50 questions are asked.
- The duration of the test is 60–80 minutes.
- In the listening section, the student is asked to listen to lectures or conversations and then questions are asked related to that.
- Atleast 35 to 51 questions are asked.
- The duration of the test is 60–90 minutes.
- In the speaking section, the student is asked to speak about a familiar topic.
- The duration of the test is 20 minutes.
- In the writing section, the student is asked to write an essay based on the reading and listening task.
- The duration of the test is 50 minutes.